Cabbage Rasam Recipe Indian Style is also called as cabbage kattu, cabbage charu etc. It is Indian Style Rasam Recipe. It is delicious with steamed white rice with ghee.
How to prepare Cabbage Rasam Recipe Indian Style
Cabbage – 1 cup(chopped)
Mustard Seeds – ½ tablespoon
Cumin Seeds – ½ tablespoon
White Split Urad Dal – ½ tablespoon
Dry red chilies – 3-4 pieces
Garlic cloves – 4-5(crushed)
Ginger root – ½ inch (finely chopped)
Salt as required
Coriander leaves – few
Curry leaves – few
Lemon juice – 2-3 tablespoon
Cabbage Rasam Recipe Indian Style Preparation Method:
1. Cook cabbage is a salt water or use cooker by sprinkle salt on top of cabbage. Then, add cooked cabbage to a blender and blend well like a paste. Keep it aside.
2. Heat a pan with 2 tablespoons of oil. When oil heated, add ½ tablespoon mustard seeds. When they start splitting, add ½ tablespoon cumin seeds and ½ tablespoon urad dal. Then, add few curry leaves, crushed garlic cloves and broken red chilies. Later, add ½ tablespoon finely chopped ginger pieces. Stir it well.
3. Then, add cooked cabbage paste, ½ tablespoon turmeric powder, salt and required water. Boil it for 3-4 minutes. Switch off the flame. Then, add finely chopped coriander leaves.
4. Take Cabbage Rasam Recipe Indian Style into a serving bowl and add required lemon juice for it.
5. Now Cabbage Rasam Recipe Indian Style is ready to serve. Serve this with hot steamed white/brown rice.
Tips and tricks to prepare Cabbage Rasam Recipe Indian Style
1. You can also add green chilies and onions if interested.
2. You can also avoid ginger pieces in this recipe.
3. You can also replace lemon juice with tamarind also.
4. Lemon juice must be added after Cabbage Rasam Recipe becomes little cool. Otherwise, it changes to bitter taste.
5. Spicy comes with dry red chilies and ginger. No need to add green chilies.